If your Google Ads conversions' attribution model is set to Last click, you are not only neglecting an optimization opportunity, but you are becoming less and less competitive. Here you'll learn 6 simple rules to pick the correct Google Ads attribution model for your type of business.
Here you will learn 3 rules and 3 things to remember when choosing the correct Google Ads attribution model for your business,
1. Move away from the Last click model.
2. Whenever possible, use Data-driven attribution.
3: If Data-driven is not an option, use Time decay or Position-based model.
-Use Time decay for conservative growth strategy or Ecommerce.
-Use Position-based for growth oriented strategy or new accounts.
3 things to remember.
1. The non Last click optimization models is available for search and shopping ads ONLY.
2. Display network conversions, and phone calls, and app conversions are ALWAYS attributed to Last click.
3. Beware of the perceived "DROP" in conversions after changing to a non Last click model. It usually occurs in the accounts with long conversion time lag.
In cases like this, Google recommends to wait around 30 days before counting conversions.
I follow this advice when running monthly reports for my clients. For an account with 7 day conversion lag, I run a monthly report on the 10th of the next month. This way I get more accurate conversion count.
I hope this has been helpful.
Let me know what other topics you would like me to cover in the future.